Are we solving the real problem?

Monday, June 25, 2007

Yet another reason to practice TDD - joeyDotNet

This is a great article that discusses the pros/cons of TDD, non TDD.



Yet another reason to practice TDD - joeyDotNet

Yet another reason to practice TDD

Things have been a little slow on the blog lately because this week is the start of a new job/company for me. I'm still getting a feel for things and of course one of the first things I'm trying to get folks interested in is TDD. I have a usual list of advantages and points that I use for getting across to folks the benefits of practicing TDD. Most of which center around the fact that TDD is primarily a design tool, and the fact that you get a nice set of automated regression tests is just a nice side effect. TDD is not about testing!

But today, after looking at some existing code, I thought of another example that does explain one way in which the "Test" part of TDD is very beneficial.

(For you fellow experienced TDD practitioners, this will be very obvious to you. So this is mainly for those who are still struggling with "why do I need TDD/Unit Testing?"...)




Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmm... TDD, in a typical software environment this can be as easy as writing tests to satisfy that requirements are met..... oops... did i mention that R word? my bad.